.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Fight the Power (Tool Ripoffs)

So, my effort to find a substitute for Black & Decker's $35 battery for a $35 drill has become serious (or obsessive, take your pick). It's a 9.6V pack, so that means eight batteries. (Sure enough, there are eight NiCad Stub-C cells inside.) So I went to Radio Shack and bought a holder for eight AA batteries, which cost $2. Then I went to K-Mart and bought eight nickle - metal hydride Energizer batteries for $22. Don't laugh at running a cordless drill on double-A's; the ones I have are rated for 2500 amp hours, better than the NiCads I found inside the battery pack. I've now gutted a Firestorm battery pack and will see what happens when I wire up the new batteries... once the glue that's holding the top onto the battery pack dries tomorrow.

In other news, I'm working on a big list of Megasquirt ignition options. Stay tuned, I'll be posting it soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?