.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

When a bender doesn't mean booze

Today I took my new tubing bender and went to to work making the hard line for the engine compartment. I started by making a crude bracket to mount a Datsun 280ZX fuel pressure regulator to the cylinder head. Instead of the usual rubber hoses, I've modified this one a little to use compression fittings. The goal is to keep the length of rubber to an absolute minimum to please the tech inspectors.

Once I had the regulator in place, I bent some 3/8" hard line to connect it to the fuel rail. Then I ran a pair of lines from the regulator outlet and fuel rail inlet to the valve cover. You can see the whole shebang here or take a look at a close up of the front section. That one part was by far the most complicated to make. The fuel rail connections use inverted flare fittings. The next step will be to run braided hoses from the end of the hard line to the inner fender and run the fuel supply and return lines back under the car to the pumps. And then I'm going to have to find the right fitting combination to adapt a Ford fuel pump (3/8"-24 bolt thread) to -6 AN fuel hose. That's going to be tricky...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?