.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

A laptop for tuning Megasquirt

I'd intended to save money by tuning my Megasquirt with a secondhand Palm III. However, after seeing this post on the Megasquirt forum, I decided to spend a bit more and get a Panasonic Toughbook CF-27. These things may be outdated, but they've easily got enough power to run MegaTune and the other Megasquirt software. Plus, they're incredibly cheap (I bought mine from this eBay auction - $120 shipped, and it came with a CD-ROM drive!) and built like, well, my slant six. The case is magnesium, and most of the internals are rubber or gel mounted. It feels more like a machine tool than a normal piece of computing equipment. If you need a cheap laptop to tune your EFI, see if you can find one of these on eBay.

Big thanks to T3Bunny for his help - he's the forum's resident Toughbook expert.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?