.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Dart throttle linkage

Got the throttle linkage on the Dart installed today. The cable I had been using for a Super Six couldn't really reach it, so as I noted earlier, I used a Lokar Hi-Tech braided steel cable and mounted it to the throttle body with a homemade aluminum bracket. Well, it's now in the car, and it works. Had to trim the throttle cable a bit; it cuts just like an AN braided hose. Which is not easy...

Those of you familiar with '66 A-bodies may wonder what's at the other end, as the early A-bodies used a gas pedal that attaches to a rod linkage and is not suitable for a cable. I merely swapped in a pedal from an Aspen. The brake pedal cover from that Aspen fit over the Dart's stock brake pedal, so the pedals look like a matched set.

And yes, I know, I need to find that missing fourth bolt on the throttle body. But at least the cable is on there now and working.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?