.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

My newest vehicle - a Honda CX500

Here's the newest member of my little collection, a '79 Honda CX500. Just bought it on Saturday, and wanted to post this then but Blogger was on the fritz. The CX500 tends to pop up in classifieds at very affordable prices on a semi-regular basis. I found this one on Craigslist for just $1,100. It has a few dents and dings, but the engine sounds healthy and doesn't have any missing parts. This one has an aftermarket Vetter Windjammer fairing that, at least in my mind, makes it look almost like an old Gold Wing without the luggage. It isn't nearly as heavy or high powered as a Gold Wing, though.

I haven't actually ridden it anywhere, and hope to have enough self-control to avoid firing it up before I take the MSF class. I already have all the safety gear except a set of riding pants, which are on order from a local motorcycle shop. When I went to buy those, I found that the clerk who sold me the gear had been a motorcycle courier in England and had owned several CX500's over there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?