.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

No, I was not drinking.


In fact, my wife and I were at a party being thrown by a Baptist sunday school teacher, and as you probably know, the official Baptist teaching on alchohol is that you should not drink it in front of other Baptists. Unfortunately, I also wasn't thinking.

I had parked on the side of the road, and decided that the best way to get back on when I left was to pull forward. My mistake was that I didn't get out and walk around to be sure the ground in front of the car was safe. There was a drainage ditch, mostly hidden by tall grass, lurking in front of the front wheels. As you can see, the driver's side rear wheel is several inches in the air, and the passenger's side front wheel was also barely in contact with the ground.

Luckily, several of the other party-goers were able to get in front and push the Focus backwards out of the ditch. Doesn't seem like there is any damage.

Comments:
Bummer. Good thing the little Focus is light and the Baptists are strong. Sounds like a joke: How many Baptists does it take to get a Focus out of a drainage ditch? Enjoying your blog. Caught several of your posts on other blogs/boards about Barbaragate too.
 
Looks like my car at an autocross.

That's a pretty sweet anti-gravity mod, man. (Glad she's okay. ;))
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?