.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Dress for Success (in the garage)

I got a bit of work done on the Dodge Dart's fuel lines today, running the -6 AN hose from the surge tank to the inlet on the high pressure fuel pump. Not much of anything exciting, so I thought I'd mention that this is the first time I used my newest pair of mechanic's overalls. I used to have two sets - one short sleave, one long sleave, but the short sleave one wore out. I got into the habbit of wearing mechanic's overalls when crawling under the car years ago, and never wanted to go back. Without them, when I crawl under the car, I often get all kinds of dirt in the gap between my shirt and my jeans. Plus, they let me walk around a junkyard all day and them zip out of them so I don't dirty my car seats on the way home. (Of course, the last time I wore a set at the junkyard, I got asked if I worked there!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?