.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Visiting another CX500 owner

I'd seen on a message board that a guy in Jasper was parting out a couple CX's. So last night I finally stopped by his place, as he'd said he had a set of turn signals I could use. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to specify that I needed the signals for a standard CX500. He had one of the Custom models.

Now, it's possible to put the turn signals from a CX500 Custom onto a plain old CX500. Unfortunately, it's not going to look right unless you grab practically the whole front end - headlight housing and instrument cluster. And he'd taken the gauges off his parts bike to put on another bike that was now sold.

Well, what we worked out reminded me of those Rolling stones lyrics. "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well, you just might find you get what you need." He had a small cafe racer style fairing, practically brand new. And he had some sporty looking handlebars to go with it. I can just find some aftermarket turn signals and put them on this fairing, and that should give me a replacement for the Windjammer.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?