.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 18, 2006

 

I hate it when I do that.

I was getting ready to ride my bike to work for the first time in quite a while, when I made a dumb mistake. I got it out of the garage, got off it to close the garage door, only to realize I'd forgotten the sidestand. It fell over, and when I got the bike back upright, it had gas pouring out of the carb overflow any time I opened up the petcock. Now, I don't particularly like tuning carbs, but I know a float problem when I see one.

Fearing the worst, I took the Nissan to work and tore into the Honda's carburetor when I got home. The float didn't show any signs of damage, and when I put it back together everything worked fine. Quite a relief that this didn't cost me anything besides a little time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?