.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

Throttle cables

The CX500 had been sitting a while, since the Dart's been getting a lot of my wrenching time. Well, a friend of mine called this afternoon and wondered if I could come along on a ride tomorrow. So I tried replacing the throttle cables. Turned out to be rather involved; I had to remove the seat and the gas tank. Right now I'm about halfway through. Doesn't look like I will be able to come along on that ride.

By the way, if you're ever changing throttle cables on a CX500, don't put the carbs back in place until after you have both of the cables hooked up at both the handlebar and the carb ends. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble, as I've found out the hard way.

Tomorrow I may just go ahead and try to remove the Windjammer too.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?