.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Another project? Maybe not...

My wife spotted this '71 Thunderbird for sale recently, and we decided to take a look at it. The owner was asking $700 for it, which is probably a reasonable price given its condition. It has a 429 that I was able to crank up from a cold start, and most of the mechanical bits are in working order except for a couple fluid leaks and some issues with the power steering.

The bodywork also needs some attention. It used to have a vinyl top and there are a lot of rust holes that formed under it, and there's some rust in the trunk area too. Some emblems are gone. And there's a rip in the upholstery. But overall, it's in better condition than my Dart was when I got it.

However, it looks like my wife was hoping for something that needed a little less work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?