.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

That was not a pleasant surprise.

Last night, I bled the brakes in the Nissan. They're working a lot better now, but when I was driving to work, I had this strange, nagging feeling. Like maybe I'd forgotten to put the cap back on the brake fluid reservoir. I tried to ignore the feeling, but it kept growing on me. So I pulled over into a parking lot and popped the hood. I couldn't believe what I saw.

A large rat stared back at me from its perch on the intake manifold.

The rat looked almost as surprised as I was. It scampered between the engine block and the firewall, and disappeared. I think it must have jumped out of the engine compartment and ran off, but sometimes it's hard to tell. So I'm going to put some poison or traps in the garage to make sure it's gone.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?