.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Ugh...

Well, I got the axle back into the Pathfinder and took it out for a test drive. The shaking problem seemed a little better - but not completely gone. And I need to do a better job of bleeding the brakes - there's still air in the lines. Not good. Right now it's worse than before.

Mental note: "One man brake bleeders" aren't. Except Speedbleeders, but I can't find a set that fits the Pathfinder's rear wheels.

There is a bright spot: I spotted some suspect bushings while I was removing the axle. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to change them out. As a test, I'm filling some of the bushings on one of the junkyard control arms with caulk. Once that dries, I'll swap it out and see what it does about the shaking.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?