.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Some overdue picture of the Dart's new intake plumbing

It's still a work in progress. I've picked up some parts from Ace Hardware to whip up some mounting brackets to go with the Summit parts (not all of them were right for the Dart), and got the knock-off, er, blow-off valve in place. I'm seriously considering whipping up a sticker to put on that valve that parodies the HKS logo.

This picture clearly shows the hose I'm using for the intake. It ought to hold up a lot better than the hardware store hose I was running before, as I picked it out of a McMaster-Carr catalog for the purpose (part number 5499K244, if you're looking to use this). Their official description is "Double neoprene coated fiberglass duct hose," and it's a pretty good choice for low buck turbo intake plumbing going by the spec sheet. This hose is rated for 35 psi and 300 degree temperatures - I figure ifI cross either of those lines, it's not likely to be the hose I should be worried about. It forms tight bends. And the ribs are on the outside, unlike with some ribbed intake hose. The only disadvantage I've found so far is that it kinks up when you put a tight bend in it. We'll see how it works in the real world soon.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?