.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

Some semblance of progress

Well, I have been making some progress on the Dart, too. I'm going to replace the water neck with one off an '80s era 318. This one exits horizontally and has the same size thermostat and mounting pattern as a slant six. The '78 and earlier water necks don't, so beware. You can spot the one that fits a slant because it's made of sheet metal - earlier ones were cast.

The intercooler is in place, as is the transmission cooler (strapped to the radiator). But I have to deal with a few things left to get the plumbing in place - there's no radiator hoses, and the intercooler hoses are incomplete. I also need to figure out what I'm doing for a fan. There's only two inches between the radiator and the water pump pulley. I may try a Taurus fan, but not the second gen one I have - instead, I'd use the dual fan setup from a third generation Taurus. Those things are really thin.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?