.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 

AMA publishes article in praise of small bikes

A small bike makes a good first bike because it's light and confidence inspiring. Some people say, "You'll grow out of it. That's too small." That hasn't really happened to me in about 7,000 miles of riding - my GS500F has more than ample power for a commute over surface streets, and it's light, fun, and gets pretty good mileage, too.

Several experienced riders at the AMA are raving about how good their smaller bikes are, too. Several have a bike I've been thinking about for my next bike, a Kawasaki KLR650. They also mention scooters, a Honda NX250, and a Royal Enfield.

Funny thing is, when my Dodge Dart was new, a 650 would have been considered big.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?