.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 12, 2007

 

And speaking of bad ideas...

This guy is giving us C4 Corvette owners a bad name. But I couldn't pass up posting it anyway. Part of me hopes this is some sort of hoax, but I'm not so sure - I think he's serious. Two comments beyond "This is a monumentally bad idea" -

1. It somehow reminds me of the idea for a Comprex Supercharger, although trying to understand that patent I've linked to gives me a headache. Comprexes are weird critters.

2. If you had an engine powered by a fuel that doesn't need an external oxygen supply to burn, such an engine could run - but it would have serious problems with runaway boost levels. And, oddly enough, such an engine couldn't actually gain more horsepower from the increased manifold pressure. As they say in textbooks, the proof of this is left as an exercise to the reader. Although if you ask me nicely, I could write one up later.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?