.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

 

A Dart update?

I've been helping AutoFab get two other projects wrapped up, which involved riding around in a turbo M6 with a giant gauge strapped to the windshield wipers to try to figure out a weird fuel cut-off, and some other stories. They're pretty intent on getting to work on the Dart as soon as these are out of the shop, and that won't be long.

So I've gone and ordered some new supplies from my favorite supplier of parts that aren't supposed to be speed parts but somehow get used that way, McMaster-Carr. This time I've ordered some Schedule 40 aluminum water pipe. A lot of cars have sewer pipe exhausts, so I thought I'd try a sewer pipe intake.

Well, not really. But Thomas and I have decided the intake elbow design needs some revision. It was pointing at the driver's side and we want to move it to the passenger side so the charge pipe goes over the valve cover. To do this, we'll cut the flanges off the adapter that's on there now, and weld this water pipe in there instead.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?