.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 11, 2009

 

There's a first time for everything....

And today was the first time I've ever welded together anything I was planning to put on my own car, namely, the start of the turbo support bracket for my slant six. I haven't welded anything since one time I tried to fill in a couple gaps on a machine cover at Amada, and before then the last time I'd tried welding anything was in shop class in college. Luckily, we've got a pretty good Miller MIG at the shop at work that we've mostly used for exhaust work on our in house project cars. It won't win any Riddler awards, but it looks like it ought to hold up. I'll have pictures once the bracket is complete.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?