.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 20, 2009

 

Weekly Dart update

I'm going to see if I can get something done on the Dart every week. Maybe not spectacular, but I figure if I keep the momentum going I'll get through this project eventually.

I've been wondering about how the Spectre intake piping is going to hold up under boost. The tubing itself is pretty stout looking heavy gauge aluminum, but it's smooth with no beads to hold it together under boost. I had originally been thinking I might as well try it as an experiment, just to see what happened, but this week I decided I won't run the piping as is under boost. So I took it to Suwanee Welding and had them weld the sections together into one solid piece, with beads welded to each end so that the silicone coupler won't slip off them. It may not look as good anymore, but it's definitely worth the peace of mind. And I'll probably get the thing powdercoated at some point - probably the same red color they used on the stock engine.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?