.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 17, 2009

 

It was worth a try...

My manual steering box arrived this week, and I've been cleaning off the grease and grime before I put it in. When I took it out of the box, my co-workers first thought it was cast iron. I've been using various chemicals and a lot of elbow grease to clean it up. One tip, though - don't try degreasing parts with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They're OK for use around the house, but serious caked-on grime erases the Magic Eraser faster than the Magic Eraser erases the grime.

Labels:


Comments:
Magic Erasers are very unwise to buy, keep, or use; they contain (and emit) a great deal of formaldehyde.
 
Hi Dan,

Did a bit of research on that and was able to find the Magic Eraser's MSDS sheet. No formaldehyde in them, although it's used as a raw ingredient in their manufacture. It appears you could get them to break down into formaldehyde if you did something like baking them in the oven.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?