.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 07, 2009

 

Removed the Dart's power steering

I've been getting a bit more wrenching done on the Dart. Removing the power steering is definitely going to get me a lot more clearance for the turbo, but first I had to remove the up-pipe to get enough clearance to pull the box out. The biggest difficulty was probably that I didn't have a suitable socket wrench for the bolt on the steering arm. In the end, I managed to get the bolt off using a giant set of channel-lock pliers. I'll get a proper socket before reinstalling it, but I didn't feel like driving off to get a large socket in mid-pull. The old power steering box is out, and hopefully next week I'll have the manual one switched in. Got the box already mostly degreased and an adapter from Firm Feel, so it should just drop in.

Of course, "should just drop in" are pretty dangerous words.

Labels:


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?